Here’s a delicious and healthy, easy-to-make dip that comes together in just minutes. Simply throw everything in the Vibe Blender jug and blitz. You'll have a smooth and creamy Mexican style bean dip that works as a side, an appetiser, or snack. It’s naturally gluten free and can be made vegan by easily skipping the dairy products.
Blender black bean dip is similar in texture to refried beans. You can eat it at room temperature as a dip or taco topper. On its own it isn't the most attractive of dips! Sprinkle with a bit of chopped coriander for contrast before serving - what it lacks in appearance it makes up for in taste!
For an unforgettable dipping experience, bake it with cheese and serve it hot. Then pile on delicious Mexican toppings, such as homemade blender salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, and you’ll have a crowd-pleasing, super-loaded party dip. Scoop into it with tortilla, corn chips, sweet potato chips, veggie sticks or crackers.
2 cans black beans (rinsed & drained)
2 cloves garlic
1 large tomato, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
2 fresh jalapeños (seeds removed)
1 handful of coriander including stems (approx. a cup)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
1 tablespoon of sour cream (optional)
Blend of mozzarella & cheddar cheese
Simple blender salsa
Crumbled queso Fresco or feta cheese
Freshly chopped coriander
Tortilla / corn chips, for serving
Fresh or pickled jalapeños
Red onion, diced
Squeeze of fresh lime
1. Add all the ingredients into the Vibe Blender jug.
2. Insert the Tamper into the lid
3. Blend on ‘smoothie’ mode for 30-40 seconds.
4. Taste test. Add more lime juice, salt, chilli.
5. Scoop into a bowl. The dip can be enjoyed right away but we recommend you chill it for at least one hour for the flavours to meld before serving.
6. If you want to serve your black bean dip heated, scoop into a dish or skillet, then top with grated cheeses. We suggest a combination of mozzarella for stretchiness plus a bolder tasting cheese.
7. Preheat your oven to 180°C / 356 °F
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the dip is heated through and the cheese is bubbly and golden.
9. Top with any or all of your favourite Mexican extras, then plough in.
10. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To keep the dip fresh for over a week, store in Luvele glass vacuum canisters.
If you make this, or any of our recipes, we would love to see your creations. Leave us a comment, or tag a photo using #luvelelife on Instagram.