Banana ice cream, or better known as ‘nice cream’ is a huge craze right now and for good reason. It’s creamy, (just like ice cream), sweet and delicious! But, get this – ice cream with an N in front is fruit based and sugar-free, it’s also most commonly dairy free and vegan. Yep, it’s the healthiest kind of ice cream you can ever treat yourself to. Especially if one of the ingredients is homemade yogurt! Now you’re talking! Gut friendly ice cream too! Yes please.
The best news is you don’t even need an ice cream maker! The Vibe Blender System can transform slices of frozen banana into a whipped, soft-serve dessert in moments.
Now, this one’s for chocolate lovers. You might not choose to eat a real Snickers bar, but I bet you’ve had one once and I bet you can recall the yummy combination of flavours. This version has Medjool dates masquerading as caramel, plus homemade peanut butter and honey-candied peanut brittle. It’s oozing with deliciousness. Any homemade yogurt you fancy can go into the mix. This one has 24-hour cows milk yogurt but it is delicious with coconut or nut milk yogurt too.
Serves 4 - 5
This recipe has a Vegan option & is GAPS friendly if cacao is tolerated
1/2 cup (your preferred) homemade yogurt
1-2 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons of homemade peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
3 Medjool dates
¼ cup raw cacao powder
4 frozen, overripe bananas frozen, chopped
1/3 cup crushed peanuts (or nuts of your choice)
1 heaped teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
PREPARATION THE DAY BEFORE
Peel the bananas, cut into small pieces and freeze overnight.
NUT BRITTLE1. Gently heat a heavy based pan on your stovetop.
8. Deseed the dates and chop into pieces.
9. Combine all the nice-cream ingredients in the Vibe blender jug in the order listed.
10. Insert the ‘tamper’ into the blender lid and secure it on.
11. Choose 'smoothie' mode and blend for approximately 50 seconds. Use the tamper to push the frozen banana down into the blades in a circular motion. You may need to stop once to scrape down the sides.
12. Once you have the soft-serve texture, scoop the nice-cream into bowls and sprinkle with nut brittle and eat immediately. Straight from the blender the your 'snicker' nice-cream will resemble creamy soft-serve. Enjoy it right away before it melts!!
13. For extra firmness, spoon the nice-cream into another container and put it in the freezer for an hour or so before serving. Note, if you leave it too long it will freeze rock solid.